Aged Care and Retirement Law
The laws are complex and keep changing. We help operators thrive in an industry full of opportunity, and prospective residents peace of mind that their transaction is being handled by industry experts.
Why choose us?
1. We give practical and comprehensive advice. We have skills and expertise in aged care and retirement law as well as other regulatory frameworks that you will likely encounter during your day to day operations. For example, laws regulating when and to whom you can disclose a resident's personal information and the circumstances in which other people can make care and financial decisions on behalf of your residents.
2. We offer recognised industry expertise. This industry is experiencing ongoing regulatory change and increasing demand for service. Our Principal acts as Legal Expert Contributor to the LexisNexis Australia Aged Care Compliance Modules – a resources used by aged care and retirement village managers across Australia. We know the complex regulatory obligations your business must comply with and the practical difficulties of operating an aged care facility or retirement village. We can give you the practical advice you need to reduce risk and seize the exciting opportunities that come with this new wave of growth.
3. We can help you at all life stages of your business. Our understanding of the regulatory framework of the aged care and retirement industry allows us to help clients in all life stages of the business - from strategic growth to risk mitigation, from preparing contracts that comply with the regulatory regime to negotiation to dispute resolution, from policy and procedure development to compliance auditing.
Our legal services include:
- Compliance and risk management advice
- Acting on the sale and purchase of aged care and retirement businesses and assets
- Contracting and procurement
- Responding to investigations, complaints and inquests
- Privacy and information management
- Dispute resolution
- Retirement village conveyancing